This week we got all blue and autumnal in our Facebook Live session. Plus, I showed you a great technique called Paper Piecing which is actually very easy and adds a lovely touch to your card projects. Read on for all of the dimensions and supplies we used.
For our first card, we dived straight into our technique and did a bit of paper piecing. The red sample is a card I made a while ago but I decided to refresh with some of our Eastern Palace designer series paper. I think it turned out to be a very stylish card and the general opinion was that it was the nicer of the two.
- Whisper White Card Base 14.5cm x 21cm
- Whisper White 8.5cm x 10cm
- Lemon Lime Twist 14.5cm x 8.5cm
- Lemon Lime Twist 9cm x 10.5cm
- Eastern Palace DSP 14.5cm x 8cm plus scrap for paper piecing
Our second card used the wonderful Painted Harvest stamp set and the co-ordinating leaf punch. I love the sponging and how effective just using the leaves is. This was super simple using just a Very Vanilla Card Base (10.5cm x 29cm) and some Very Vanilla Scraps.
For our third card, we kept with leaves and made this beautifully simple card which I think is really stunning in its simplicity. It uses the fabulous Seasonal Layers die set and I can see it working equally well with one of the snowflake dies and a Christmas sentiment.
- Very Vanilla Card Base 14.5cm x 21cm
- Garden Green 14cm x 10cm
- Very Vanilla 13.5cm x 9.5cm
- Copper Foil (Scrap)
- Very Vanilla Scrap approx. 1cm x 8cm
And finally, we went all blue again to make this card using the Wood Words stamp set. I liked the pink in my sample, but think I prefer the blue. What do you think?
- Card Base (Marina Mist / Melon Mambo) 14.5cm x 21cm
- Early Espresso / Basic Black 13cm x 9.5cm
- Very Vanilla / Whisper White 12.5cm x 9cm plus scrap for sentiment
If you missed it, you can watch the video again here. remember that I broadcast live from my Facebook Page every Monday night at 8pm GMT. Make sure to Like and follow so you don’t miss it.
You can purchase the supplies I’ve used in my Online Shop. remember to use the Host Code for an extra Thank You gift and that if your order is over £40 during September I will also send you a pack of our Stitched Felt Embellishments for FREE (value £8.25)