Monday’s Facebook Live was great fun, if a little nerve wracking for me! I’d been laid low over the weekend and hadn’t had time to prepare my projects in advance so was ‘winging it’!! I had some ideas in my head about what I wanted and thankfully they turned out pretty much as I’d imagined – it’s not always like that, though is it??? We started by playing about with Brusho powders which is always an adventure, and then we did some simple colouring with the Stampin’ Blends. Finally, I showed a fun idea for including photographs on our cards.
If you missed the live broadcast, you can watch is again here:
Below you’ll find full details of all of the dimensions and supplies for each card. To order your supplies, simply click on the picture, which will take you directly to my 24/7 Online Shop. Remember to use this month’s Host Code when you order so I can send you a free Thank You gift.
Brusho Top Tips
I was recently asked if I could show how to use our new Brusho Powders, so I made two projects using them. They’re a fabulous and fun medium to use, but can be unpredictable. That’s one of the great things about them!
When using Brushos, I have a few quick tips for you:
- Less is definitely more – the pigment is very intense and the powders are very fine so it’s easy to put on more than you need. Just add a little at first – you can always add more if you need to.
- Use plenty of water – the powders react to water so the more you add, the more they react
- Use Watercolour Cardstock – because you need to use lots of water, regular cardstock just won’t be able to handle it. You really need to use our proper heavyweight watercolour cardstock
- Experiment – Brushos are an unpredictable medium, which is exciting. But it does mean that you will need to play with them and experiment before you start to see the results you’re after. Be patient and experiment lots
Card 1 – Epic Celebrations using Brusho
For this first card, I sprinkled the powder onto dry cardstock and then spritzed it. This creates a really great effect, as you can see below. I thought the Epic Celebrations stamp set (one of our Saleabration Freebies!) perfectly complemented the sort of grungy look created by the Brusho powder. A bit of yellow really made it pop and some washi tape finished it off perfectly.
- Night of Navy Card Base 29cm x 10.5cm plus scrap approx. 10cm x 10cm
- Crushed Curry 10cm x 14cm
- Watercolour Card 9.5cm x 13.5cm plus scrap approx. 10cm x 10cm
Card 2 – Rose Wonder using Brushos
For this second card, I showed how to get a little bit more control by heat embossing first and applying water to the card before adding the powder. The large image from the Rose Wonder stamp set is perfect for this and I love the way the two colours (Red & Yellow) mixed and blended. The image did all of the work so it didn’t need anything else except a sentiment to finish it off. Apart from this fabulous image, the Rose Wonder stamp set also has a great selection of sentiments in this gorgeous font.
- Very Vanilla Card Base 10.5cm x 29cm
- Old Olive 14cm x 10cm
- Watercolour Card 13.5cm x 9.5cm
Card 3 – Birthday Wishes using Stampin’ Blends
Staying with the colouring theme, for our next card I used the Stampin’ Blends to colour the large sentiment in the Birthday Wishes stamp set. I used Pool Party and then added a little extra definition with some light Bermuda Bay. Apart from a light and dark version of each shade of marker, lots of the colours complement each other to give you even more shading options. In this instance Pool Party and Bermuda Bay. But you also have Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie. Plus, Pink Pirouette and Rich Razzleberry. But Blends aren’t just for colouring images! Here I’ve coloured our ribbon using Bermuda Bay to tie the whole thing together. Plus, you can colour your gems, pearls and lots of other embellishments!! I love the simplicity of this card that really shows off the sentiment and the colours.
- Pool Party Card Base 14.5cm x 21cm
- Whisper White approx. 10cm x 12cm
Card 4 – Polaroid Picture Frame using Picture Perfect Party
Our last card was inspired by one I saw another demonstrator make (unfortunately I can’t find the original image to give proper credit!). I used our Picture Perfect Party paper pack which has some great photographic images and created this frame to look like a polaroid photo. You could easily add your own photograph for a really personal card! The finishing touch was one of our cute binder clips – I love these!
- Whisper White Card Base 14.5cm x 21cm
- Lemon Lime Twist 14cm x 10cm
- Basic Black 8cm x 12cm
- Picture Perfect DSP 8cm x 8cm
- Whisper White 2cm x 10cm plus scrap
- Berry Burst 2cm x 10cm
I hope you enjoyed the projects. Make sure to tune in to my Facebook Page every Monday night at 8pm GMT for more inspiration, hints, tips and chat.
To order your supplies, simply click on the picture, which will take you directly to my 24/7 Online Shop. Remember to use this month’s Host Code when you order so I can send you a free Thank You gift.